Author Topic: Sony Walkman NW-A45 Syncing?  (Read 4960 times)

Goudeskitchen

Hi,

I've only just started with MusicBee so still trying to find my way around it but does this sync with a Sony Walkman NW-A45? If it does, does it sync the gapless playback all OK? Don't particularly want to use their software as I've already sync'ed my iTunes library with MusicBee!

Any info would be great!

Cheers!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

You'll probaby just need to try it and see what happens. Gapless playback may depend on the device, MusicBee should sync the files correctly regardless.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Swingjazzman

Hello,
I've been syncing to my Sony NW-A45 for about 9 months now, everything works smoothly.  What challenges are you having?  I use/monitor the 16gb device as well as the 200gb micro sd card I inserted into the player...  No trouble up to this point!

Marukomu

Does the syncing work in both directions? I.e. Does it update play counts etc on the computer with what's been played on the walkman?

Marukomu

My second questing is, in iTunes you can tick and untick songs and only the ticked ones get synced. Can I do the same with musicbee?

wlkmnplgn

Does the syncing work in both directions? I.e. Does it update play counts etc on the computer with what's been played on the walkman?

No, unfortunately the sync is only to the Walkman.

Marukomu

Does anyone know how to get 2-way syncing to work? Are there alternatives to musicbee or there that will do it with an A45?

boroda

Does anyone know how to get 2-way syncing to work? Are there alternatives to musicbee or there that will do it with an A45?
what is Sony Walkman NW-A45? is it android based?

Marukomu

It is android based but I don't think you can install any apps on it.

jimimoz

Hi! I purchased Sony NW-a45 some weeks ago. The Sony Music center for pc doesnt work so good. Something went wrong each time I try to sync music.

Have been looking for solutions I discovered MusicBee. I dont know this software and doesnt understand how to sync the music from Musicbee to the Sony.

I know I have to put it in the MUSIC folder to the sd card.

It would be nice if you could give me some advice on how to sync to the Sony

phred

• Global Moderator
I suggest you search the forum. There seem to be a couple of threads on that model, including this thread, and lots of threads on 'Sony' that may or may not help. It's also quite possible that a sync between MB and the Sony can't or doesn't work.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here