Author Topic: Removed  (Read 4794 times)

permutableprime

Removed
Last Edit: December 07, 2023, 05:28:05 PM by permutableprime

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Depending on how you have files organised;
under Preferences> Sorting/Grouping> grouping you can either set
"files for each album are organised in their own folder"
or add YYYY to
"the following fields define an album:"
selections
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

redwing

Your first screenshot looks it's grouped by "album". Try group by "album [year]" instead.
Also I think Album & Tracks view and Album Covers view will show them separately as long as you have "year" field added to the album grouping setting.

Bee-liever

As both redwing and I have suggested, once you add YYYY into what defines an album (in the preferences panel I pointed out), you can sort and group however you want in the separate views within MB.

I use Musicbee's file organization feature, so putting each album in its own folder won't work.
FYI: I also use Musicbee's file organization feature and have my files sorted so each album is in its' own folder. It is possible to do.

Bee-liever

I'm not trying to be antagonistic here, but I'm really struggling to help you out.

Once you enter what defines an album as unique here:

MB should keep your albums separated just sorting by Album:

Even if the album is named the same and released on the same day.

redwing

there are two separate notions of an "album" in Musicbee

I know what you're saying. Usually that doesn't matter but the problem arises when you're using track details view which is mainly intended to browse tracks in track level. As I said if you use Album & Tracks view or Album Covers view the customized notion of album is respected. But in track details view, you will need a special grouping field if you really want to browse them in a customized album level. I'm using a virtual tag as a grouping field that shows "<Album Artist> <Year> <Album>".

Bee-liever

Ah-hah!
The light just went on for me!

What you want is for MB to follow the Album definition rules and put a separate "group by" heading (in this case: Album) even if the Album title is repeated.

That being said, my understanding of this forum as the "wishlist" space is that I can ask Steven to implement new behavior. How do I go about getting him involved, or does he check these threads regularly? (I know he may decide not to implement it anyway, but I think it should be a simple change).
Steven keeps an eye on all forum posts, so just sit back and wait too see if there is enough interest (+1 votes) for him to act on this request.

redwing

What you want is for MB to follow the Album definition rules and put a separate "group by" heading (in this case: Album) even if the Album title is repeated.

In that case you won't be able to disregard album definition when grouped by album name.
I'd suggest, if something has to be done, adding "Album (grouped)" as another group by option (as opposed to "Album (name)") only to Tracks view.

phred

• Global Moderator
How can I vote for wishlist requests? I don't see any sort of vote/+1 option on the posts themselves.
You already expressed your interest in this simply by posting the request. You can't (or shouldn't) +1 your own requests. That would only tend to make Steven ignore it. As Bee-liever told you, you have to wait and see if others +1 it and if Steven thinks the request is worthy of his time. And how easy/difficult it would be to implement.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frankz

You already expressed your interest in this simply by posting the request. You can't (or shouldn't) +1 your own requests.

Right, but how should I support others' requests?
You just reply in support.  There's no formal voting system.

phred

• Global Moderator
Right, but how should I support others' requests?
If you're asking how you support others' requests for the same request as yours, you don't. It would be like stuffing the ballot box.
If you're asking about supporting requests that others have made (in other wishlist threads) you simply reply with "+1".
Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 08:58:38 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here