Author Topic: album cover please not automatically  (Read 2510 times)

Wandervogel

Hello, there,

Musicbee loads covers for all my albums in the background, without me wanting to, how do I forbid this to the software, since I have already removed all hooks in the settings for Covers/Pictures?

I have almost 10.000 songs in my collection in WMA and only about 1000 as MP3, because I started years ago in Windows Music Player and because it was just too bad, I switched to Media Monkey, but recently switched to MP3.

All my songs are sorted into multi-interpret albums and all tagged with their own artist picture, but since there are no album pictures in Media Monkey, no album has an album picture, it's not supposed to be a sampler either.

Now Musicbee automatically loads a picture as an album picture (.png) from the internet for each artist after starting Musicbee and not only that, it also partly meets my songs again with 1-2 new pictures (in addition to my already existing picture) and that also still completely confused with artist pictures, which have nothing to do with my artist, nor with the album, the title or the genre!!!

How do I teach Musicbee not to interfere with my picture tags and not to download pictures from the internet?

At the moment it does the same nonsense, which I hated so much with the old Windows Media Player, that automatically loaded pictures into the tags completely randomly.

Thank you
Yours sincerely

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

redwing

Go to Preferences> Tags (2) and uncheck all auto-tagging settings you don't want.
Go to Preferences> Tags (1) and click on "Edit List" button under artwork storage. Then select the artwork types you want to display and click on "Rescan Artwork" button.

Wandervogel

Hi,

thanks, but this i've done before ... ("since I have already removed all hooks in the settings for Covers/Pictures")

I would have liked to have sent 2 pictures, but that only works via a URL (?) and I don't have that.

Regards
Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 09:38:47 PM by Wandervogel

redwing

redwing

So what's the problem with album covers? Doesn't it show their embedded pictures?

Artist picture is a different issue and we could discuss it later.

Wandervogel

Musicbee loads covers for all my albums in the background, without me wanting to, how do I forbid this to the software

All my songs are sorted into multi-interpret albums and all tagged with their own artist picture

Now Musicbee automatically loads a picture as an album picture (.png) from the internet for each artist after starting Musicbee and not only that, it also partly meets my songs again with 1-2 new pictures (in addition to my already existing picture) and that also still completely confused with artist pictures, which have nothing to do with my artist, nor with the album, the title or the genre!!!

How do I teach Musicbee not to interfere with my picture tags and not to download pictures from the internet?

redwing

Are you saying you have a problem only with artist picture and album covers are working fine?

redwing

Maybe you could post a screenshot of your current layout and tell us which part doesn't work as expected.

redwing

Also note that if artist picture is embedded into a file, MB reads it only as one of album covers. If you want to see custom artist pictures for thumbnail browser and artists view of the main panel, then paste the custom picture over artist thumb using "Paste artwork" context menu. Then MB saves it to "Thumb" sub-folder of artist picture folder set in Preferences> Tags (1) settings.

Wandervogel

You say: "Also note that if artist picture is embedded into a file, MB reads it only as one of album covers. If you want to see custom artist pictures for thumbnail browser and artists view of the main panel, then paste the custom picture over artist thumb using "Paste artwork" context menu. Then MB saves it to "Thumb" sub-folder of artist picture folder set in Preferences> Tags (1) settings."

That would mean that I would have to tag my 10.000 songs with MB, all these songs have an embedded jpg and if MB has to save all pictures as png, then MB should use my pictures and not download them from the internet.

especially since I have forbidden the download of pictures from the internet in the settings and MB does it anyway.

MB searches and loads new artist images from the internet as png thumbnails into the folder C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\MusicBee\InternalCache\ArtistThumbs

but i doesn't want it

redwing

As I said, why not post a screenshot of your current layout and tell which panel you're talking about?

Wandervogel

sorry, but in my post No. 5 (today 9:57) are 2 pictures

i have removed all hooks there and still search and download MB pictures in and from the internet

redwing

Those settings only control album covers, not artist pictures. I don't think I can help you any further without knowing what you want to achieve.

Wandervogel

aha, that's how we get closer, I didn't know that.

I want MB to
- does not download artist pictures from the internet, because I already use them
- it should use my tagged pictures as artist pictures or no pictures at all

MB already shows my tagged images as thumbnails and in the main window, so reloading from the internet is completely superfluous, especially as there are enough errors:

z. B. my database contains the group "The Angels" (Girl-Band, 60s, Beat), but MB automatically loads pictures of the Canadian band "The Angels", without asking me or giving me the opportunity to choose

since I don't want to have to choose my own pictures for 10.000 songs in order to avoid mistakes, I don't want MB to load any thumbnails from the internet, but only use my own pictures

there is no way to display a sampler album with all its songs and artists, MB always sorted by artist or by artist

in the left column you can see that it shows each song individually for each multiinterpret album or sampler, I couldn't find a way to display such an album with all songs, artists and pictures