Author Topic: Analyze Volume  (Read 2133 times)

willvlas

When I use Analyze Volume I find that the results are different for an album from only one artist and a compilation album.
In the last case there are still considerable differences in replay volume. Why is this and can it be improved?

redwing

Add track gain and album gain columns to the main panel and compare how they were added.
Also depends on what replaygain setting you're using under Controls main menu.

willvlas

I have the choices ReplayGain

- uit (off)
- slim (?)
- nummer (track)
- album (album)

Which one should I use?

redwing

It depends. Usually smart gain works fine in most cases as it falls back to track gain when album gain is missing or shuffle is turned on.
But if you mostly listen with shuffle on, track gain would work better. For listening to entire album one by one, use album gain.

willvlas

I have about 20000 tracks (wav files, all in albums, no single tracks).
Should I use Album, Track or both?
Slide is set to 0dB.
I find that, after Analyzing, the Compilation CD's almost always play softer than Single Artist CD's.

redwing

If your album grouping setting (Preferences> sorting/grouping> album grouping) includes album artist, then you need to add the same album artist tag (for instance Various Artists) to compilations to make them "Album", otherwise each track will be treated as an album. Maybe that causes the differences as single track album won't have album gain tag?