Author Topic: Unique Panel Content  (Read 1136 times)

Kwonnie

Thanks in advanced to anyone that can help me with this, if there's a solution at all.

In the library, each custom filter has the option of their layouts being individually customized. For example, I can make a filter each for Rock and Pop. In one I could customize the layout to display certain panels and change headers and track listing while customizing the other to hide those same functions; and this works perfectly fine, as long as I save the layouts individually and enable each filter to use a specific layout.

However, the categorical contents of these panels remain the same across all filters. For example, if I want the left main panel in the Rock filter to display just Composers and the left main panel in the Pop filter to display just artists, I could not do this. If I change the way any of these panels are organized for any one filter, it changes across all filters. The same goes the column browser and right sidebar, etc.

Is there any way at all to enable individual filters to utilize these panels differently?

redwing

In the library, each custom filter has the option of their layouts being individually customized.

That's called "custom views" and that only saves the layout of the main panel. To save other elements/panels as well, you need to use "custom layouts" and it works per tab. Right click on the tab header and you will see the option. You can combine the two if you want to customize everything and you could also pin your favorite tabs not to repeat the set up process every time.

Kwonnie

In the library, each custom filter has the option of their layouts being individually customized.

That's called "custom views" and that only saves the layout of the main panel. To save other elements/panels as well, you need to use "custom layouts" and it works per tab. Right click on the tab header and you will see the option. You can combine the two if you want to customize everything and you could also pin your favorite tabs not to repeat the set up process every time.

Thank you, I think that's what I needed. I kind of wish this kind of customization was "window-inherent", but MusicBee suits my needs as well as I could imagine so I guess I can't complain.

redwing

I will add this to the hidden features thread as I guess many users may not know this relatively new feature.