Author Topic: 3.3.6902 - Changing Default Font Disables Column Resizing +  (Read 1318 times)

frankz

Seems to happen when switching different fonts, but not within the same font family, if that makes sense.  Going from SegoeUI to Liberation Sans showed the behavior, but changing font size did not for example.

On the Now Playing tab (Playing Tracks view)
"Keep Columns Sized to Panel" and "Auto Size All Columns" both off

Edit->Edit Preferences->Layout(1).  Change default font.
Hit "Restart"

When MusicBee restarts, you are not able to resize the columns until either:
1. Switching "Keep Columns Sized to Panel" on and off again

or

2. Switching to a different tab and then back again

Also, the majority of times I tried, "Restart" results in the misalignment of the columns until you switch to a different tab and back again.  Can't say it was every time like the column resizing for sure, though.

This is in the MusicBee3 skin, if that matters.

EDIT: I just closed and reopened MB without changing anything during the previous session.  Opened to the "Now Playing" tab, and the columns are misaligned and I'm unable to resize them.  Doesn't seem to be related to changing the font now.  Don't know what's happening.

Here's what it looks like when I open it:

And here's what it looks like when I switch to the Music tab and then back:

Note the data in the colums are in exactly the same place in both, but the column headers are shifted.
Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 05:49:59 AM by frankz

Steven

• Administrator
Could you send me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings) as i cant reproduce the behaviour.

Also on restart and the column headers mis-aligned, if you minimise MB to the taskbar and restore again, are the headers still mis-aligned?
Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 09:58:46 AM by Steven

frankz

PM'd the link.

As it may be unclear, the unable to resize issue only happens after changing the font.  The alignment issue is persistent on every restart. 

Looking at it more closely, it looks like only the "#" field actually is the wrong size.  It seems to be set to the width of the smallest number of digits until switching tabs and then to the width of the largest number of digits after the switch.  I have my columns set to not automatically size at all.

Also on restart and the column headers mis-aligned, if you minimise MB to the taskbar and restore again, are the headers still mis-aligned?
Nope - this sets it to the correct width same as switching tabs.  Good catch.

Steven

• Administrator
The column header alignment bug is fixed for the next update and as you say is related to the # field. But i cant reproduce any column resizing issues, unless its simply the case that due to the misalignment you were trying to grab the wrong part of column.

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 03:28:24 PM by Steven

frankz

The column header alignment bug is fixed for the next update and as you say is related to the # field. But i cant reproduce any column resizing issues, unless its simply the case that due to the misalignment you were trying to grab the wrong part of column.

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip

You nailed it!  My Now Playing last night when I noticed the issue had 5 digits in the "#" column, so the spot where my eyes said I should grab and resize the columns was nowhere near where MB thought it should have been.  It was much less off with only 3 digits.

The patch fixes the whole thing as you indicate.  Thanks!