Author Topic: MusicBee Portable 3.2.6902.32258 moving files by itself  (Read 2713 times)

doodlepapers

Tony1

Inside where the program files are at, or MusicBee when it is open?

redwing

I'd like to see the layout of MusicBee you're currently using.
Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 12:11:30 PM by redwing

redwing

The only way I can reproduce what you're saying is dragging the playing track either from the player bar or from the track info panel to the main panel. Do you think you're making some mouse gesture that can be interpreted by MB as such a drag and drop?

Tony1

Just clicking random tracks or tracks in a album kinda fast but it does it randomly like when i'm just browsing doing what I do in Musicbee. (this does not happen in the inbox or music library, only in the 3rd tab)

Also my windows 10 default zoom is set at 175%.

https://imgur.com/5ltBplI
Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 05:13:08 PM by Mr. 714

redwing

I still think it's caused by drag and drop. The reason it happens only with the third tab is it's a folder tab, thus dragging physically moves files whereas music & inbox node has nothing to do with the physical location of files. But probably the same thing is "randomly" happening to those tabs as well. You can check by selecting a file> right click> send to and see which of library and inbox is enabled.

Now why this happens only to you could have something do with your excessive DPI setting. Can you change the setting to 100%, reboot, and see if you can reproduce the issue?

Tony1

I put windows zoom to default.

It took it longer, I even thought it wasn't gonna happen anymore then it happened.

Musicbee scans then moves the file that was last clicked on to its main source folder.

No physical drag or drop just files moving without me wanting them to.

In the inbox or music library it will do the quick scan but not move any files. (I check now)

There is nothing I am doing that should cause this to happen.

I have no problem reproducing this over and over, I don't even have to do anything and it will eventually just happen.

I did notice it doesn't happen in single album folders I searched in the node only in folders that have more folders in the 3rd tab Or any other tab i want to have open outside of the inbox or music library.

Oh it makes a copy of the artwork on display if it is not embedded too.

I don't know why this hasn't happened to anybody else.

redwing

If it's not about drag & drop or auto-organize/sweep setting, then I can't think of any MB-related causes.
You might check other programs running in the background - for instance AutoHotkey or a backup program syncing files real time, etc.

phred

• Global Moderator
And/or try rebooting Windows in Safe Mode and see if the issue still occurs.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Tony1

Hey redwing, after trying everything you and phred suggested this issue has still not gone away.

Like phred I have used MusicBee Portable for years and I have not had any issues at all.

Something changed in version  3.2.6827.32939 that is causing my files to move when in the 3rd tab, why its happening to me only I can not figure out.

I could not get this to happen in any version before 3.2.6827.32939, also after installing the 3.3 Beta patch the issue did go away.

I will just bee avoiding version 3.2.6827.32939 and 3.2.6902.32258, thank you all.