Author Topic: MusicBee Portable 3.2.6902.32258 moving files by itself  (Read 2718 times)

Tony1

MusicBee Portable keeps trying to add files when you highlight a track (one click) in Album Covers view. If this happens when in a open tab outside of the Inbox or Music Library MusicBee will move the file it tried to scan or add to the parent folder that is scanned for new files or being monitored. This has been happening since the 2nd update for musicBee 3.2 Portable, I've just been avoiding open tabs outside the Inbox and Music hoping a update would resolve it but it seems be becoming more  frequent.

More Details:
This has been happening since MusicBee Portable 3.2 update 2 (version 3.2.6827.32939) in Album Covers view. I tried a couple different versions back and it seems like it worked its way up to this but did not start moving files by itself until portable version 3.2.6827.32939 and is happening even more in the latest version 3.2.6902.32258.
Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 06:06:47 PM by Mr. 714

Steven

• Administrator

phred

• Global Moderator
@Mr. 714- I have removed your original post from Nov 29 because it is a duplicate of the one you posted today. Please do not double-post as it has the potential to lead to two threads with the same subject and different response.

As Steven said, it's a little difficult to understand exactly what the issue is. I've been using the portable version for years and never saw this behavior.

Perhaps you can post a step-by-step list of what it takes to reproduce the issue. Maybe then someone will be able to reproduce the issue and try to figure out what's going on.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Tony1

Ok sorry for the confusion, I'll try to explain what is going on the best I can.

I have 2 tabs pined, Inbox and and the main Library (all tabs in Album Covers view) no other tabs open.

Now i add a new tab, in the left slide bar i go directly to the same folder I have musicBee Monitoring and open it in the tab.

I browse around this tab clicking tracks.

MusicBee scans and moves the track I clicked last to the main folder that is monitored by MusicBee.

It does this randomly.

The folder being monitored is full of other folders with music files.

Tony1

It does not move any files when in the inbox or main library, only in the 3rd tab I have opened to view all music files.
Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 08:06:13 PM by Mr. 714

redwing

Make sure you're not drag and dropping files from other tabs to the third tab you opened from the left navigator.
It will move files to the folder if they are on the same drive (and will copy if they're on different drives).

phred

• Global Moderator
In trying to replicate what you're doing I don't see the behavior you're seeing. Perhaps redwing is on to something.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Tony1

I made sure I am not drag and dropping and the left slide bar is closed, I even tried a different mouse. It didn't happen if all the music is in the inbox but once some albums are moved to the main library the problem with scanning and moving files happens in the 3rd tab after playing and clicking tracks and only happens in album covers view.

Steven

• Administrator
are you saying the file gets phyically moved and if so, where does the file get moved to?

and what is your folder monitoring configured to do and is your library auto-organised or auto-sweep rules are set?

Tony1

Yes the track file gets moved from the album folder it is in to the main folder that is being monitored.

My library is set to continuously monitor the main folder where all my music is but this didn't matter when i turned off continuously monitor it did the same thing.

I have no auto sweep or auto anything turned on just the continuously monitor setting.

Steven

• Administrator

redwing

One thing you could try is add another folder as a third tab and see if tracks go to that folder.
That will narrow down what causes the issue.

Tony1

Okay, well whatever went wrong happened in 3.2 update 2 (3.2.6827.32939).

Thanks

Tony1

Hey, I just tried opening a folder outside of the main folder being monitored in the 3rd tab.

When it scans after clicking or playing tracks it moves the file clicked last to the same folder i have open in this 3rd tab not to the main folder being monitored.

When I open a tab from a folder that is in the main folder being monitored and this happens it moves the file to the main folder being monitored.

I have no idea why it is doing this, maybe something to do with the way MusicBee keeps track of the inbox and main library.

redwing

Can you post a screenshot of entire MusicBee you're currently using?
Upload a picture to imgur.com and post the link.