Author Topic: Android MTP syncing fails if I turn on on-the-fly-conversion  (Read 2034 times)

willman3755

First of all, GREAT music player. Best one I've used so far, and I'm especially grateful as someone who just came from a Mac, using iTunes with 600GB of classical music with perfect script-generated work/movement metadata, than MusicBee can read this metadata.

I'm trying to sync my (mostly ALAC) library to my Android phone's microSD card. It works beautifully if I disable on-the-fly conversion, but I don't have the space for my 600GB library on my phone (not yet anyway :).

If I turn on on-the-fly conversion, no matter what I attempt to encode to, it fails with "Copy Failed - Specified method is not supported."

The log files have no more information, except that it is when the files are attempted to copy, NOT when they are attempted to be encoded.

I've played the encoded-down files. They are not corrupt at all. I can successfully manually copy the encoded files to my device using File Explorer.

willman3755

Anyone have any ideas on this? It fails with my girlfriend's phone and computer as well.

Steven

• Administrator
If you are still around, i now have some time to look into this. Let me know if you will run a debug version