Author Topic: Adjusting column width in tracks view now stutters ?  (Read 1158 times)

alec.tron

Heya,
not a big issue, but an oddity I wanted to flag as I just updated to 3.2.6902 from here:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=24754.msg152529#msg152529

And one thing I noticed - when adjusting column width (in 'tracks' view, which I often do), MusicBee now seems to 'stutter' when doing so; whereas before (patched version from 2018_10_18) adjusting column width was (a lot) smooth(er).

Did anyone else notice this ?

Churs.
c.

Steven

• Administrator

alec.tron

Hey,
I only wanted to mention what I see / noticed as different.
And there's a pattern as well - with small playlists, all is fine still.
In Library & very large auto-playlists in tracks view, these now jitter/stutter when dragging (i.e. click & hold a columns separator, move left right). Doesn't affect the functionality, but again, thought I'd mention it as I have not noticed it before.
c.

redwing

If it only happens with a large number of files in the main panel, then it could be about some specific column you have added like a complex virtual tag or artwork.

Steven

• Administrator
There should be next to no CPU involved with column dragging, even with a complex virtual tag formula being displayed and even if there was, playback happens in another  highest-priority thread. You can check using windows task manager.
I recall you use ASIO, so try another output mode to see if it still happens. Maybe just try restarting your PC as well

alec.tron

Sorry, not audible/audio stutter!
Visual jitter/stutter, when dragging the column field.
c.