Author Topic: Equalizer distorted sound  (Read 2764 times)

stardepp

For two days, MusicBee's equaliser has generated a distorted sound. When I turn off the equalizer, the sound sounds clean.

How can I "clean" the Equalizer?

I use the latest version of MusicBee 3.3.

sveakul

Are you sure it isn't your EQ settings themselves causing clipping/distortion?  Instead of disabling the EQ, just zero-out all the sliders--still sound distorted? Disable pre-amp also, if in use, for comparison.  Is it EVERY song, or just certain songs?  Install or change any DSP plugins recently?  Does it persist across all audio output choices?  I feel sure it's not the EQ itself,  I use the latest 3.3 update and the same settings I've always had perform flawlessly here.

stardepp

Ok, thank you. I looked closely again ... my equaliser was set to maximum. I put it on the "Rock " template now and the sound is optimal again.

But I didn't install DSP and I don't know what that is.

frankz

DSP is Digital Signal Processing - plugins for things like exciters, compressors, limiters, EQ, etc.

The EQ is considered DSP even though it's built in.

EQ is destructive for mainstream, professionally mastered music.  I wish people wouldn't use it.  At the very least, it should be used only to cut volume in specific frequencies, not to boost them.

stardepp

Here in the MusicBee Forum you will find something new again and again. That is very gratifying.

I hear little mainstream.

My music is very varied. I listen to music by 1559 artists.

And the sound is again very good, intense and balanced.