Author Topic: How Do I Get "Play Previous Track Button Arrow" To Work?  (Read 1311 times)

SolarSoul

No matter where I am on my MusicBee (playing from library or a loaded CD) I can always play the next track after the one currently playing by clicking the forward arrow button, but I can never play/go back to the previous track by clicking the reverse arrow button (Ctrl +B doesn't work either). Is there a reason for this and a setting I need to tweak to enable playing of previous track? Shuffle setting is off, by the way.

Apologies if I haven't explained this too well!

Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 10:45:11 PM by SolarSoul

SolarSoul

I would be really grateful if someone could help me as I'm a tad confused why this won't work for me.

redwing

I can always play the next track after the one currently playing by clicking the forward arrow button, but I can never play/go back to the previous track by clicking the reverse arrow button

That's not correct. You can't play the next track if the currently playing track is the last one and the play next button will get disabled.
When it comes to playback, previous/next track does not refer to the previous/next track of the playing track in the main panel. You should look at the playing tracks panel instead. You're only supplying tracks that will be played from the main panel (see Preferences> Now Playing).
So if you can't play the previous track, that would mean you have no previous track in your playing tracks list.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
So if you can't play the previous track, that would mean you have no previous track in your playing tracks list.
Yes.  Check your preferences in the "Now "Playing" tab.
Make sure 'prune played tracks:' is not turned on and set to keep zero (0) tracks.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

SolarSoul

Yes.  Check your preferences in the "Now "Playing" tab.
Make sure 'prune played tracks:' is not turned on and set to keep zero (0) tracks.

Thank you so much Bee-liever; your advice has been very helpful. I did have prune tracks ticked! I never really understood what that term meant, but I do now and the reverse button is working perfectly. Thanks again