Author Topic: Error while changing metadata  (Read 1243 times)

zcline

Hi all,

I have a strange error that I can't figure out. When I try to save edited metadata for certain songs, I get the following error message: "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process." I have used Resource Monitor to search for which process was using the file, and there is no other process using the file. I tried looking in the error log to see what might be going on, but the last entry in the error log is from 6 days ago. I haven't found anybody else with this problem while searching the internet. Does anybody here know what might be going on, or have any ideas for what I could try next?

Thanks in advance.

redwing

If it's not another program's, then it could be one of MB's own processes: running previous commands for the file, an automated process like folder monitoring, or the file could be currently playing. If there's no background processes and it still won't do it, then restarting MB usually addresses the issue for me.

EGOlein

Hi, I get the same message if I change mp3-tags while my multi-room system is playing this song. Hence, there might be external programs which you cannot see in your resource monitor. Check if any other system uses your song files.

EGOlein
Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 10:05:11 AM by EGOlein