Author Topic: Genre Playlist - what is your method?  (Read 1536 times)

wasp

I am trying to figure out what are the ways I can sort my library based on genres.

What I do is of course first tag all music files with the tag I find appropriate.

Then I create an autoplaylist Playlist

Is this a good way of doing it? One problem I found with this method is the selecting of hundreds of folders (in the music track source: folders) section that are to be used for the match condition

Also, I am thinking using nested genres and again what would be a good method of doing it?

What is your method? Could you give an example, share any tips or advice or share a screenshot?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
One problem I found with this method is the selecting of hundreds of folders (in the music track source: folders) section that are to be used for the match condition

If your music is tagged with the correct genre, why do you need to select folders instead of just using your music library as the source?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

wasp

I spent the past few days trying a few ways to display the genre. You are right, that is the best method.

Swingjazzman

Hello Psychoadept,

I'm relatively new to MusicBee, and am trouble viewing my library sorted by genre (or just bringing up all albums in one genre).  Would you be able to quick walk me through how that is displayed successfully?  Thank you!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

First, is your music tagged with genres? Without that you won't have much luck.

If that's good to go, then you have a lot of options. I'd suggest checking it the thumbnail browser or column browser in order to filter your library by genre. But you could also use filters or auto-playlists to separate certain genres. You can find more info on all those on the wiki.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)