Author Topic: few questions ? wasapi @ 24bit , resample engine and audrivana?  (Read 1940 times)

gaiastar

Hi

may i ask few questions?

1)
under windows 10 , 7  i use these settings
why can not i set up 24bit  ? i guess musicbee work with 32float

2)
may i know what engine does the last musicbee version use to resample ? sox or ssrc?

3)
on the same computer i have installed audirvana plus 3.16 , sierra osx , just for a test porpuse
it seems i can sound better , at leat for my ears  , the sound seems more deep
may i know why? are the windows drivers?
but wasapi event should bypass the drivers right?
thanks

ps delete my previos post because i asked in the wrong sub folder ,and moved here
my apologies
MusicBee is the best audio player ever made, Love it ♫♫

sveakul

Hi gaiastar:

The answer to your first question is "yes", it uses 32bit floating point:  https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=hopc05qonnib6jn6adt7j9aib4&topic=21614.msg126878#msg126878

Don't know the answer to #2, but I don't resample at all with wasapi-exclusive.  In the few cases where I have a stream with a rate my hardware does not support (like 24k or 32k) the bass.dll internally takes that to 44.1k anyway, so I don't need to resample everything just so the few oddments will still play.

For #3, that heads into the murky/debatable "audiophile" territory that I personally avoid, but respect others right to enter.  Only can add that wasapi-exclusive does indeed avoid the windows MIXER.

gaiastar

Hi gaiastar:

The answer to your first question is "yes", it uses 32bit floating point:  https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=hopc05qonnib6jn6adt7j9aib4&topic=21614.msg126878#msg126878

Don't know the answer to #2, but I don't resample at all with wasapi-exclusive.  In the few cases where I have a stream with a rate my hardware does not support (like 24k or 32k) the bass.dll internally takes that to 44.1k anyway, so I don't need to resample everything just so the few oddments will still play.

For #3, that heads into the murky/debatable "audiophile" territory that I personally avoid, but respect others right to enter.  Only can add that wasapi-exclusive does indeed avoid the windows MIXER.
hi
about #3 , i guess it's windows design ,and i guess it's different from osx
thank you so much
MusicBee is the best audio player ever made, Love it ♫♫