Author Topic: Clicking sound on the progress bar  (Read 3332 times)

NickIst

Hello, recently I've noticed a minor problem, when I'm navigating with the status bar the music bee makes a decent clicking sound. The sound or the volume of the click varies and it seems dependeing on the manner of navigating with bar.

Also I have a question concerning multiple song names (embbed cuesheet problem; https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=15172.msg90577#msg90577). Luckily I found the solution on the forum, but still why the problem exisits, because in aimp there are no such problems. Will it be solved in future updates?
Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 12:05:08 PM by NickIst

Steven

• Administrator
Hello, recently I've noticed a minor problem, when I'm navigating with the status bar the music bee makes a decent clicking sound. The sound or the volume of the click varies and it seems dependeing on the manner of navigating with bar.
I dont know what you mean by navigating with the status bar; how it could possibly make any sound or even if it did how you would know its the status bar making a sound. So you will need to provide more explanation

NickIst

:o Oh sorry I've mixed up, I ment when I navigate with the progress bar the player makes a distinguishable click. If the interval beetween hold-and-release move of the mouse over the progress bar is long enough the click sometimes is less louder or even dissapears.

UPD: Also the same sound when i unpause any track
Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 03:25:59 PM by NickIst

NickIst

As a suppose can it be connected with the use of wireless headphones?
UPD: The tick in the "smooth fade when stopping" resolves the problem of noise when unpause a track. However with the unticked option there is noise
Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 04:10:17 PM by NickIst

Steven

• Administrator
there is a 0.33 second ramp-in when unpausing tracks - the "smooth fade when stopping" option doesnt affect that so i would say its probably just chance.
For the next MB version i am willing to bump it up a bit subject to no negative feedback from others

NickIst

Suddenly I found out that I can hear the clicking sound only when the WASAPI option is chosen. With Directsound everything is normal.
Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 04:15:39 PM by NickIst

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
I never noticed it before, but I can reproduce this. Also on ASIO and DirectSound. To rule out my DAC and amp, I was unable to create the same effect on YouTube using Firefox. It doesn't sound like anything potentially harmful, just a blip really.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

sveakul

I have to say, "same here," although I always just figured it was a result of some driver/device engagement in my less-than-stellar equipment suite.  As CritterMan described, it's just a "blip" or "rounded click" when cueing through a playing song with the progress bar.  This with WASAPI.  I had accepted it was part of the deal when cueing through a song instead of being PATIENT, haha..  I hear the same thing with AIMP (as long as the OP mentioned it) using WASAPI, only it's a shorter/sharper sound there.  I don't fade out/in/blend anything as I choose to avoid resampling, if that makes any difference.  "No biggie."

NickIst

I never noticed it before, but I can reproduce this. Also on ASIO and DirectSound. To rule out my DAC and amp, I was unable to create the same effect on YouTube using Firefox. It doesn't sound like anything potentially harmful, just a blip really.
I have to say, "same here," although I always just figured it was a result of some driver/device engagement in my less-than-stellar equipment suite.  As CritterMan described, it's just a "blip" or "rounded click" when cueing through a playing song with the progress bar.  This with WASAPI.  I had accepted it was part of the deal when cueing through a song instead of being PATIENT, haha..  I hear the same thing with AIMP (as long as the OP mentioned it) using WASAPI, only it's a shorter/sharper sound there.  I don't fade out/in/blend anything as I choose to avoid resampling, if that makes any difference.  "No biggie."
Thank you for your feedback!
I've just checked in AIMP, that I can barely hear it sometimes using WASAPI mode other than exclusive and with resample rate 88200+.
UPD: Strange thing is that blip can be avoided sometimes if you there is an interval between mouse-clicks on the progree bar
Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 01:24:59 PM by NickIst

NickIst

I know that the post is dead long time ago and the issue described seems to be unsolvable. Whether it's important or not, but I decide to report. I noticed recently if you tap on the mouse to navigate on the progress bar and release it after the spectrum visualization animation fades, there won't be clicking sound.
UPD: Headphone equalization can significantly diminish the sound.
Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 05:22:16 PM by NickIst