Author Topic: Display number number next to tracks in library.  (Read 1582 times)

kdzugan

Is there any way to display numbers next to the tracks in my library? I know that I can look at library statistics to find the total number of tracks I have, but that is very cumbersome. I just want to quickly see how many tracks are in the library or in a particular playlist. I saw an old post that claimed the total number of tracks always appears in the lower right corner, but it certainly doesn't in my newly-downloaded version (3.2.6827). This is something I'm used to having from iTunes, and I've really come to rely on it for many things. For example, I might select the first 250 tracks and drag them to a playlist (and I certainly don't want to count down 250 tracks!)

sveakul

"I just want to quickly see how many tracks are in the library or in a particular playlist"  :  When you have your Library open and the view option set to show all files, the total number of files appears bottom center in my "deployment" of MusicBee.  Location may be different depending on what skin you are using.  Likewise, with a playlist open, total files on that list appear bottom center (as well as total size and playing time).  It can be very faint, depending on the skin.

"...I certainly don't want to count down 250 tracks!" :  When you start selecting files on the list (shift-arrow key), the count in the locations above change to match the selected files.  For playlists you can also choose to display the "#" field, which will show a count for each entry next to the track.

frankz

Edit->Edit Preferences->Layout(1)->bottom panel->status bar: and turn on "show summary statistics"

kdzugan

Thank you frankz--MB seems to have so many different preferences areas, I never found that one. I still would like to have a # column option for the main library, as sveakul mentioned is available for the playlists.