Author Topic: Android Oreo - Playlist issue after Renaming in MB  (Read 1588 times)

AndrewJ

Hi,

I Synchronise Playlists from MB to a Note 9 as M3U which has worked flawlessly. Today I decided to rename the Playlists in MB, e.g.

From:  Genre Psychedelic Rock Mix 1   To:  G. Psychedelic Rock Mix 1
From:  Artist Love / Arthur Lee            To.  A. Love / Arthur Lee

etc.

On Synchronising I see the new Playlist names available on the device, but there is no deletion of the old named playlists on the device - so in effect I have duplicated everything.

I have deleted the old playlists "Genre Psyc........" on the phone. I have also deleted the phones music player cache.

When I come to synchonise MB again, the old Playlists names reappear in the music player so the duplication continues

In Android devices File explorer I see a .m3u and a .pla  for each of the renamed playlists (i.e. the current playlist). For the old named playlists there is only a .pla in explorer on the phones storage.

Does anyone know what is generating the .pla for the playlists that in theory don't exist anymore. I do not see them in MB directories. Is something regenerating them on the phone. I want to kill them off!

In short, Renamed Playlist in MB.  Both names now exist on Device following sync. Using Samsung Music player in Oreo Android

Any guidance is appreciated
Thanks
Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 03:00:45 PM by AndrewJ

AndrewJ

After countless attempts to delete these playlists on the phone (from within MB and on the music app of the phone and the phones file explorer) I discovered that the deleted playlists appeared in the phones Recycle Bin which was then getting scanned and recreating the PList for the music apps such as Samsung Music and Google music.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Thanks for the update. I've struggled with a similar issue.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)