Author Topic: ripping CDS  (Read 1073 times)

GALJohnson

I just installed MusicBee tonight. Very happy with most of it (well, I wish there was an android player), except that I want to keep all of my music in one place. I generally don't put files with any information that I want to keep (except some system related files like some stuff under the users directory). So all of my music is on a D: drive. I finally figured out that by default MusicBee puts everything on the C: drive, which is mostly OK, except that I want my ripped CDs to go into my D: drive music store so that I can just move one directory onto my phone. What is the most straightforward way of doing this?

I used to use Winamp and it would pull album and track data down while it ripped and everything would just go into my normal music storage (although I may have set that up, years ago when I first started using Winamp, and don't remember). It looks like MusicBee is pulling that information down and putting it in the meta data for the songs, but why does it put ripped cds in their own directory? I don't really care where my music came from, just that it's available to play.

thanks!
GALJohnson