Author Topic: Send To Device not working for playlists  (Read 2139 times)

jmcnelis

I have an LG V20 phone running Android Oreo (8.0.0) and have the latest version of MB running on my system.  When I choose playlists in the Sync settings, it copies them over fine.  If I go to a specific album and right click on it, go to Send To and then Device V20, it ends it over fine.  However, if I go to my playlists tab and right click a specific playlist, go to Send To and then Device V20, nothing happens.  It never sends the files to the phone.

Is there something I should be doing when it comes to the playlists?  I don't want to set up auto-sync, at least not till I have everything the way I want it, so I'm just manually sending files to my phone, and I find it odd that everything else works, including manual syncing of albums, just not playlists.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Steven

• Administrator
I can reproduce this in certain circumstances.
This should fix the issue:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee32_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee files

jmcnelis

Hi Steven, thanks for the response.

I had already installed the patch, but did it again just to make sure it took, and I am still running into the same issue with the playlists.

Steven

• Administrator
if you really did load the new patch then i dont see how you could be having the issue, so i wont be able to help

jmcnelis

Just double checked and yeah, the patch is installed.  I'm going to do a un/reinstall and see if maybe something got borked on this end at some point.  Thanks again for the help, and for MusicBee in general.  Even if I never get this part working, I can always use auto-sync once I get my library situated, as this really is the best music manager/player I've used.

Steven

• Administrator

jmcnelis

Good morning Steven,

I un/reinstalled everything and I am still having the same issue.  However, I did notice that it does work if I click on the first tab (Music) and go down to Playlists and right click on the playlist in that list, but if I have the Playlist Explorer open in its own tab, it doesn't work through there.  I also tried using a USB drive, and the same thing happens - clicking on the Music tab and selecting them from that list works, the Playlist tab on its own nothing happens.

phred

• Global Moderator
Did you reinstall the latest 3.2 patch?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

jmcnelis

I just did.  I thought I grabbed the latest, but it didn't overwrite.  Just installed it and everything is now working great.  Thanks for all the help!!

phred

• Global Moderator
Glad you finally got it sorted out. You probably could've just applied the patch without un/re-installing. Something to remember for next time. Always apply the patch first.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here