Author Topic: Play Count not updating on short tracks  (Read 1077 times)

metoo

I just noticed that it seemed like some of my tracks are not updating play count.  I've done some research, and it seems the cutoff is 4 seconds.  Songs that are at least 4 seconds will update the play number.  Shorter tracks are perpetually on 0 play count.  I am not logged into last.fm which seems to mess stuff like this up from my research.  I have playcount set to the default of 50% played or 240 seconds.

Any advice or help on how to get these short tracks to update play count would be appreciated.

phred

• Global Moderator
Edit > Preferences > Now Playing > Playback > look at the last two options at the bottom and adjust accordingly
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

metoo

Edit > Preferences > Now Playing > Playback > look at the last two options at the bottom and adjust accordingly

I went and adjusted those, and saw no difference.  Setting to 1% or 1 second played still would not update the plays for these tracks.  The track will play, but the play count will remain at zero.  It causes a change for other tracks, but the ones shorter than 4 seconds do not increment.