Author Topic: MusicBee won't play one of my albums...  (Read 1432 times)

zigzag10

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 60
I have a relatively large collection and have set MB to continuously monitor the library, with stuff residing on my NAS.  This set up has been great, though I’ve just stumbled upon an album that MB won’t play – that’s to say nothing happens when I try playing any of the tracks in the album.

I’ve tried: a) rescanning the album and indeed the complete library; b) reconverting the problem files (retaining the format as flac); and c) scanning MB for new files - but none of these approaches did anything and I would add that the album which refuses to play is definitely located in a monitored folder.   

Yet VLC doesn’t have any issues playing the tracks on this album...

Any thoughts?

redwing

  • Guest
What happens if you edit a tag? Does that update correctly?
Also try making a copy of one track from the album to your local drive and see if MB can play it.

zigzag10

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 60
Thanks for getting back to me redwing and for your suggestions.  There wasn't any problems in terms of editing the tags - I succeeded in changing the embedded artwork and was able to change, then change back, the year of the album.  However, MB still couldn't play the files locally.  Despite, VLC being able to play the files, and the Flac tester not finding any faults with them, I've just used the flac front end (with flac.exe ver 1.32) to re-encode them as new flac files, and lo and behold MB can read these!! So it seems there was glitch with the former files.  Once again thanks for your help redwing   


redwing

  • Guest
Well, you solved it, not me. Anyway I'm glad it's resolved.