Author Topic: Has anybody else been having problems getting tags from Discog lately?  (Read 2963 times)

Mr. Trev

The last few weeks Discogs has been acting pretty flaky for me. A lot the time I don't get any results (only results from Musicbrainz). When I do get a result often they will be completely wrong for the album I'm looking up.
Other times I'll just get this message: "Failed with unexpected error: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation"
Just wondering if there's a problem with the Discogs site (manually looking up albums on their website works fine), or if something went wonky with my MB install.

On the topic of using the Discogs plugin… I have a couple different MB installs on 2 different laptops. Is it OK to use the same Discogs authorization key on both installs (I just copied my discogs.token from one install to the other), or should I authorize each copy of MB separately - maybe this is the cause of my problem?

Cheers

redwing

Other times I'll just get this message: "Failed with unexpected error: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation"

I also saw that for some albums. But it was just an temporary error and it showed results later.
When it finds nothing, it helps if you clear track count. But if you try it again for the same album it shows results even with track count. Weird.

Steven

• Administrator
I am also seeing this randomly. I dont know why discogs is returning the results differently each time but i have found why the plugin will fail in some circumstances

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6nf9smeuiek9ncl/mb_Discogs.zip

unzip and replace the existing mb_Discogs.dll file in the Plugins folder

redwing

The error still show up occasionally. But in the next search it goes away for the same album. So for me not much differences, but the error doesn't really matter.

Steven

• Administrator
I havent seen it once since the updated version. What is the modification date/time of the mb_Discogs.dll file you are using now?

redwing

Steven

• Administrator
That is the correct .dll file, so i guess you are experiencing a different issue.

Unless you copy AppData\discogs.token, each portable installation will prompt for a new authorisation.
Also by not copying that file, it may invalidate the other token when creating a new authorisation (havent tried so not sure about that)

redwing

Just tried re-authorization, but it made no differences for the error. No worries though since it always works second time.

Mr. Trev

Just tried the new dll (I generated a new authorization too, just to be safe)

I tagged about 6 albums and didn't get that error message, but like redwing I occasionally had to click on the "find" button a second time to get any results. At least now I'm not getting wildly different results either, so this is an improvement

Cheers