Author Topic: MusicBee unable to read tags on Android 9 (Pie)? [FIXED]  (Read 1304 times)

exclamation

FIXED.  The combination of Android 10 and MusicBee 3.3.7367 Store shows the metadata when I'm looking at the music files on the phone through MusicBee. 

I'm completely baffled, and can't find any solution to this anywhere in other topics.  MusicBee only shows file names (and no other tag info) of songs on portable device (Pixel 2, Android 9).
It used to show songs, playlists just fine.  I'm pretty sure the update from Android 8 to 9 started this problem.  Does anybody use MusicBee on an Android 9 OS without this problem?

This is only on the PC side of things, because all media players on the phone (Google Play, BlackPlayer, jetAudio, etc) have no problem still reading the tag info.

Update 12/2/2018:
Further confusing things, if I right-click and "Edit" a song on the Portable Device in MusicBee, there is no tag info other than the file name, the album art, and comments BUT selecting the "Tag Inspector" does show all the tag data.

Edited for clarity, adding some more troubleshooting results.
Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 12:24:17 AM by exclamation