Author Topic: Auto DJ configurable to play different stored filters  (Read 2402 times)

Pachuco

First of all a huge thanks to Steven Mayall and anyone else who has helped making MusicBee such an amazing programme!

I have some 5,900 music files falling into 40 genres, of which 6 have sub-genres. You may wonder why I have sub-genres, but there's a heck of a difference between the various styles of blues, classical, jazz and so forth. For instance, within classical sometimes I like to listen to piano works and, at others, only symphonies.

My definition of genres reflect on my desire to listen to music (i.e. it prevents me from listening to a mixture of Chicago Blues and Classical Overtures).

Hence my suggestion that it would be wonderful if MB would allow filters to be defined and stored so that I quickly can select from my library music according to my mood - be it Classical, Soul, Jazz, whatever...

An implementation of that would be to have, under "Auto DJ Settings" -> "Apply Filter", user defined and labelled filters (e.g. Blues; Jazz; Latin; Folk; Soul). Such defined filters may also be made available in a very handy way through a right-click on the "Auto DJ" icon to the left of the "Now Playing" title of that column (presently a right-click there will allow one to "Configure Layout").

Again, many thanks for all the efforts  ;)

Steven

• Administrator
you can define library filters (in the Library preferences) and if you want, use them as a source for the auto-dj

Anti

This thread discusses a similar request: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=3239.0

Although, you might notice that I barged in a suggested 'if you're going to save the filter as a preset, you may as well just save all the DJ settings too'. I'd still stand by that approach; I don't see the point in making a preset for the top section but leaving the bottom two sections independent and unsaved.

Steven's suggestion is nice because you can effectively 'split' your library into sections, although personally I wouldn't want to have 40 of them. So as another alternative work-around, you could set-up an autoplaylist for each of your genres, and put them in a collapsed 'Genre' playlist folder. Then in the autoDJ, you choose 'playlist' as the source. Your genres would be in a drop-down list instead of having to set the DJ filter rule each time.