Author Topic: split cue file functionality  (Read 5097 times)

cooljazz

I have some albums ripped as single flacs with a cue sheet. However I switched to single files as I noticed that it is more convenient for burning CD's.
I do know that there are programs like Medieval cue splitter that can split those flac files which come with a cue sheet. But maybe it is a nice function for MB to have an option for splitting such a flac file on import?

ferongr

Ideally, a single file album with a cuesheet should be imported  as multiple tracks in Musicbee. There should be no need to "split" files.

cooljazz

But is there any advantage in having single file albums stored on a hard drive? I think many other burning programs and playback devices like those from Sonos do not support cue sheets. I do know that MB can handle them since there is an option to rip a CD to a single file with a cue sheet, but however there are some advantages in having single files.
Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 08:55:31 PM by cooljazz

robarintluck

I used to use a little piece of software called Faasoft Audio Converter to split FLAC, MP3, APE, WAV, DTS, WMA, OGG, etc accompanied with CUE file on Mac and Windows into individual tracks, happy with it.