Author Topic: Podcast Favorites or Ratings  (Read 1737 times)

rasamassen

I have so many podcasts I'm trying right now. Some I know I like. Some, we'll see. But there's so many I can't keep them all straight.

Podcasts need a mechanic similar to music, where I can either heart them (favorite) or star them (ratings). Then on "unplayed episodes" maybe the podcasts could be sorted by those ratings.

I've seen others suggest a layout similar to iTunes. I don't care what the solution is, but podcasts need an improvement. I like using MusicBee for podcasts even though it's not portable because it's one of the few that let me put in podcasts from all over, and many of the podcasts I listen to are niche items not on mainstream players.

rudolph

Agree. I've been rating all of the listened podcasts with stars, that is the only way to mark them as listened without downloading.

But something happened and I lost all my ratings. All missing after I deleted podcast thumbnails (hoping it would refresh images). But that caused all ratings to be lost.

EDIT: Subscriptions.bak didn't contain anything useful. All ratings still missing. I guess all the ratings are stored in library .mbl file.
Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 08:53:16 PM by rudolph

Steven

• Administrator
For the next v3.4 update I have added a right click command to love a subscription and for the subscriptions panel to filter and only show the loved subscriptions

rudolph

For the next v3.4 update I have added a right click command to love a subscription and for the subscriptions panel to filter and only show the loved subscriptions

Thanks, this is useful now.

Also I noticed that streamed podcasts never show up in History section.