Author Topic: Elemental  (Read 33679 times)

hiccup

Because of the somewhat larger player controls and volume slider, this skin should also be useable on touch-screen devices.

download Elemental
Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 10:15:15 AM by hiccup

phred

• Global Moderator
Nicely done. Especially like the wide-narrow-wide effect with the play controls.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

Thanks.
In case you are going to use it yourself, make sure to re-download since I fixed an oversight and made some refinements today.

(but you probably won't, since I don't think a skinner would ever use another one's skin)

wealstarr

Thanks for this awesome wok hiccup. Excellent choice of colors. It just can't get any better then this. Not too dark for a dark skin, just right.

However,there seems to be an issue

Look at the header of playing track info panel. The header for this panel is hidden but it leaves a band visible. Is it possible to solve this ?

Also, is it possible for you to create a version that has auto hide scrollbars. It changes colors on hover but I want it be completely hidden until hovered. Is it possible ?

hiccup

Look at the header of playing track info panel. The header for this panel is hidden but it leaves a band visible. Is it possible to solve this ?
Also, is it possible for you to create a version that has auto hide scrollbars. It changes colors on hover but I want it be completely hidden until hovered. Is it possible ?

I will not change the skin itself, but I have created an supplementary skin file that will only change the colouring of the items that you mention.
You'll find the file: Elemental (tweak).xml at the original download location of the skin.
Unpack it, add it to MusicBee's skin folder (and be sure to keep the original Elemental skin in that folder too), and after restarting MB select 'Elemental (tweak)' instead of 'Elemental' as your skin.

P.S.
In your screenshot I see (barely noticeable) slightly lighter horizontal lines under and above the words 'stop', 'pause', etc. in the player control buttons.
They shouldn't be there.
Are they visible when you use the skin, or did they perhaps get generated by creating the screenshot somehow?

wealstarr

Thanks for the tweak hiccup. Highly appreciated.

Yes those lines are indeed visible moreover there are other UI elements that appear to be off too.

Notice the wave bar is not exactly in the middle of the background band and the track timers are overlapping the wave bar too.

Notice the track timers again, they appear at the place they don't suppose to. Also the volume slider and progress bar. Not sure if they are in the places intended.

The text of the tab is off too, not exactly in the center but a bit lower then what it's supposed to be.

I will gladly accept the improved version but even if you don't improve this skin, I'll still keep using it.

Thanks again for the fix.

hiccup

Yes those lines are indeed visible

That's odd. What version of MusicBee are you using?
(It looks like it doesn't handle the transparency the buttons are using correctly)

Do you have Windows scaling set to something else than 100%?

Notice the wave bar is not exactly in the middle of the background band and the track timers are overlapping the wave bar too.

It is not possible to simply adjust the position of the wavebar itself without influencing other parts of the player panel.
I am not satisfied with it myself either but this is the best compromise I could come up with.

Notice the track timers again, they appear at the place they don't suppose to. Also the volume slider and progress bar. Not sure if they are in the places intended.

I suspect that could be a result of Windows scaling. (assuming that you are using that?)

The text of the tab is off too, not exactly in the center but a bit lower then what it's supposed to be.

That's not something that can be adjusted by skinning.

Thanks for the feedback!

wealstarr

That's odd. What version of MusicBee are you using?
(It looks like it doesn't handle the transparency the buttons are using correctly)

I'm on version 3.3

Do you have Windows scaling set to something else than 100%?

Yeah! It's a high DPI resolution monitor, 100% is barely readable.

It is not possible to simply adjust the position of the wavebar itself without influencing other parts of the player panel.
I am not satisfied with it myself either but this is the best compromise I could come up with.

oh! I understand. I apologize I wasn't aware of this shortcoming.

That's not something that can be adjusted by skinning.

I don't want to say it but it's quite unfortunate that Musicbee's UI capabilities doesn't match it's functionalities. I wish Steven had paid little attention on this.

Thank you for this fine skin hiccup. I will look forward to more stuff from you.

hiccup

I don't want to say it but it's quite unfortunate that Musicbee's UI capabilities doesn't match it's functionalities. I wish Steven had paid little attention on this.

I don't think that's a fair, or a correct statement.

I have made a change to the skin so that the faint lines that appeared on the player buttons when Windows' scaling is set should be gone.

(the download link is in the start post)

Sand Raider

Superb skin, just one issue, after proceeding to the download link the folder appears to be empty...

hiccup

Superb skin, just one issue, after proceeding to the download link the folder appears to be empty...

I'm sorry, not sure what happened.
The download should now work again.

Sand Raider

I'm sorry, not sure what happened.
The download should now work again.

Thank you and well done on the skin  :)

hiccup

Notice the track timers again, they appear at the place they don't suppose to.

This is fixed now.

hiccup

Some errors were fixed for when the player controls are positioned in the top pane.