Author Topic: Some fields not updating when readding re-reripped songs  (Read 856 times)

BeeFlat

I've recently been reripping songs I ripped years ago to bring them to a higher quality bitrate.  However, when I reimport the songs, the "encoded with", "date added" and "bitrate" fields are not updated.  The values seem to be cached from the prior versions of the MP3s.

Example:
I have added an album that I ripped at 192k VBR back years ago.  Let's say I added the songs a month ago (migrating to MusicBee earlier this month).

What I did:
- I deleted the songs from the MusicBee library (but not the filesystem)
- I renamed the directory where the 192k songs were (so as not to get overwritten).
- I re-encode the album using the latest LAME library at V0.
- I then add the new songs to MusicBee.
- If I go into the Properties of the song, I see the date added was the date I originally added the older files.  I see the "encoded with" as the prior LAME encoder version and the bitrate still shows 192K VBR.
- Windows Explorer shows the correct bitrate and using other MP3 tools shows the correct bitrate and encoder.

It's like MusicBee cached the information (even though I deleted them from the library) and used the cached information rather than updating the information by rescanning the files.

I'm new to MusicBee, but I haven't found a way to force MusicBee to flush the cache and rescan the files.

Steven

• Administrator
the files will still be cached and you will need to rescan them - right click/ send to/ rescan files

BeeFlat

I spoke sort of too soon.  It did work, but the encoder is being imported incorrectly.  Some of my older files were ripped using Lame 3.99.  This shows up fine.  However, now I'm using Lame 3.100 and it's being imported at Lame3.10.

Is there a truncation or read issue w/regards to the encoder?  Other tools read it correctly as Lame 3.100.  Thanks.