Author Topic: Changes to ASIO?  (Read 1041 times)

late

I recently updated to the latest 3.2.6869 version to see if a scrobble problem was fixed, however I noticed that on quiet songs I would get clicking noises when using ASIO as output. Particularly they are noticeable in quiet songs, probably because they're easier to hear. I reverted back to 3.2.6827 and so far I can't hear the clicks or pops.

Maybe it's placebo, I'm trying to see if the problem is with my config. The clicks don't appear in the same spots on a track, so I'm quite certain that the source files are okay.

Steven

• Administrator

late

The clicks are present with 3.2.6827, however I'm certain they were louder with 6869. More importantly I managed to track down the problem to another software, after closing some downloads that were in the background the clicking stopped and the songs turned clear again.

My wild theory is that maybe there's a memory problem somewhere. I have MB load up the whole track into memory, and the track is quite long at 42 minutes. At the same time my downloader is downloading to cache in the RAM and then later write the files into my HDD. I tried with both buffer size default (in MB, unticked) and having MB load the whole track into RAM, both caused the clicking occasionally.