Author Topic: MusicBee Features for DJing  (Read 2292 times)

Stever

Hi, I'm a tango DJ. I'm looking for new DJ software, we tango DJs have a specific set of features and I'm wondering if MusicBee might be the answer. I have done some research but I would appreciate it if more knowledgeable users could tell me if MB has these features:

1) Playlists within playlists. Tango is organized as tandas: sets of three or four related songs. We create playlists by recombining these tandas.

2) Importing .wav files with external metadata. The wav files in my collection don't have metadata, but the meta data is stored in an external file. Could I coerce MB into reading the external metadata as it imports the .wav file (hint: I am a pretty experienced Java programmer)

3) Support volume or equalization settings external to the music file. In other words, make adjustments to the volume or EQ that would be interpreted by MB when the file is being played rather than having to go in with an audio editor (like Adobe Audition) and change the wave file

4) 'Bleed' one song into the next. There's probably a better term for this but looking for the ability to fade out one song in the playlist and fade in the next one rather than playing a song to the end then starting up the next song.

Many thanks for your help!
Stever

alec.tron

Heya,
a quick reply
1 - no nested playlists I believe, but there's folders for organization, and these do accumulate their children songs. Downside is these can't be exported afaik (but you can select all in a folder & create a new export playlist for it - not automatable though afaik)
2 - cue files, yes, otherwise not sure. Don't use it myself, but twiki/documentation should have this covered...
3 - unknown to me
4 - there's some MB auto/DJ plugins that do more elaborate fade in/outs, but MB does have a fade duration I believe in its' settings too.

c.