Author Topic: Cannot add album art or change tags MB freezes completely.  (Read 1057 times)

KB

For some reason mine always froze at track 6 on "updating files", lately the problem has got much worse.
At first it only happened very rarely, but now it's all the time. Tried everything like converting to different format but this also just became worse. Reached the point it was completely stuffed and constantly rebooting my computer to get MB working again.

Looking through the Forum I came across another problem I have with truncated tags, "LBUMART" etc. that would appear before Album Artist on the Edit Tags pane. This would prevent the album from appearing in Music Explorer "no files found" but could be fixed by going to Music and deleting the truncated bit in front of Album Artist. (e.g. LBUMART The Who to The Who).
It was suspected to be caused by WMP which immediately alerted me to Groove Music as well, I thought this might fix the freezing as well.

I have Windows 10 64 bit so I have Groove Music and WMP. They both tend to start scanning music files when ever they come on, which can be a real pest.

I went through the Apps and Features and reset all audio to MB where possible and video to Power Media Player for Dell.

Then I used CCleaner to uninstall Groove Music and WMP.

Opened MB and added new album art and no worries - problem solved.
I don't know if this will stop LBUMART etc. but feel it quite likely will. (This only happens on first scan, once corrected I have not seen it reappear.)