Author Topic: Music Bee refusing to read tags?  (Read 2492 times)

Tonny91

Whenever i tag music files with Mp3tag and drag them into MusicBee, the tags of the files are displayed as if they have never changed, it is as if i never edited them with Mp3tag. For example i have a vinyl rip with Side A and Side B, both having tracks 1-14. In Mp3tag i put both sides together to make 01-28. Drag the newly tagged files into MusicBee and this is what i get: http://imgur.com/a/4MCvO I have checked the tags with other programs and Mp3tag did infact save the tags. Sometimes MusicBee reads the edited tags fine, although 99% of the time it doesn't.

This problem is absolutely fucking infuriating and makes MusicBee unusable, which is a shame because this is literally the only problem i have with it. Do you know whats up with my MusicBee, i would be very happy if it were to work.

Thanks!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If the files were in MusicBee before you tagged them, are you rescanning the files or are they in a monitored folder? What do you find if you examine then with the tag inspector?  Any of those things would cause an update. Otherwise, MusicBee doesn'tt know the tags have changed.
Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 04:08:34 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

sveakul

Tonny91:  as psychoadept said, this isn't a bug with MusicBee.  If you change/edit tags outside of MB with an external application, and I do that all the time, MB will refresh its storage of those changes if the files are either in a monitored folder (Prefs/Library/Monitored Folders), or if you right click the file and choose Send To-->File Rescan, or choose to do a full Library re-scan (Tools-->Advanced-->Rescan all Files).  Editing tags within MB using its own tag editor avoids this altogether.  No more "infuriation"  ;)   Enjoy the best music manager/player available.