Author Topic: "Choose Playlist Picture" - once chosen I can't change it anymore!  (Read 2972 times)

totallywired58

Greetings,

so far i SUPER LOVE Musicbee... the best music player there is for me.. it's so functional and customizable...it's simply great thanks for everyone putting effort into this lovely programm!

But I've came across a bug!

You know, you can change the "Playlist Picture" for each playlist.. but once I've chosen one, and then chose "delete current picture"

(German for "Remove picture from Playlist")

and then try to add another, new picutre  this error comes:
It's german but says: "The file is available"

MusicBee sets the playlist picture back to the old one (the one I chose to delete before)... very rarely (1 out of 50 tries) it works to delete the old one and add a new one... but mostly not!

How to fix that?

I'd be very grateful for any kind of help! :-)

Kind regards,

Wired

Steven

• Administrator
i cant reproduce this so can you send me the error text. It will be at the end of the error log (help/ support/ view error log)

Steven

• Administrator
The error happened when MB was trying to copy the file and i guess it was already deleted.
In any case there is a bug where the file is not actually being deleted by the "Remove Picture" command and this fixes that:

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee32_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee files

totallywired58

....err... now I can't start MusicBee anymore...Windows Defender says it's a risk for the pc (why is the publisher Unkown? also when you download MusicBee via the normal website.. publisher unknown! But it never said "Music Bee might be a risk for you computer" on startup!)

totallywired58

how can I undo what I just did? Please don't tell me I have to re-install MusicBee and re-configure EVERYTHING I've configured for weeks again?

Edit:
Oh ok, my anti-virus checked it... no problem... but scared the sh.. out of me for a moment!
It works now, thanks a lot Steve! I just have to delete the picutre twice somehow.. but no problem!
Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 09:05:31 AM by totallywired58

chrswrn

there is a bug where the file is not actually being deleted by the "Remove Picture" command and this fixes that:

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee32_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee files

I installed this patch but it didn't fix it for me. MB seems to let me remove a playlist picture, but if I then click on a different playlist then back to that one the old picture is back and hasn't actually been removed.

Also, wanted to raise another buggy part of playlist pictures. It allows you (don't know if it should) to put pictures on Playlist Folders. I spent a long time (too long probably) creating a lovely little icon of a folder, and it looks brilliant on there - but every time I close MB and start it back up again the Playlist Folder pictures have reverted back to a seemingly random album cover.

Rather than saying the bug is that you can add pictures to a Playlist Folder, I'd prefer the fix to be that you can do this and it saves it ... Thoughts?
Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 07:07:15 PM by chrswrn

chrswrn

what version does Help/ About say?

...but actually, it does work - I just tested by having the Library\Playlists folder open in Windows Explorer, removed the Playlist Picture and watched it delete.

Regarding the 2nd part of my post above, below is an image showing to the left the folder icon I want to give my Playlist Folders, and to the right a random artwork cover it's assigned one. The next time I restart MusicBee, both of these are the artwork again.

I'd like to either a) preferably, be able to save pictures against Playlist Folders; or b) have an option to remove the playlist picture for Folders so I don't have to see the random piece of artwork. (aware I can remove the Playlist Header, but i do still want to see that.)