Author Topic: Handling album art differently for playlist  (Read 868 times)

Hyalin

On my mobile phone, I want to sync albums, as well as playlists for compilations of my own. But I don't want files from compilations to appear in Artist / Album lists like in the case of complete albums on the device, I just want them visible through playlists. And I also like to have a single albumart.jpg file for all tracks of an album in its directory, to avoid loosing space when embedding album art in all tracks.

I know that I can generate subdirectories in the Playlist directory where to put all files from each playlist, instead of having them at the same place as complete albums, but in that case, all files from the same playlist are put in a single subdirectory and then it's not possible to have multiple albumart.jpg files there.

I know that I can rename albumart.jpg in something like <Artist album> - <Album>.jpg but my android mobile phone doesn't understand the correspondance between all tracks and all albumart in a single directory.

So, in the case of playlist, I would like to embed the albumart in the audio file, but let albumart.jpg files in all other case.

Is it possible, or should I move this message into whishlist ? Thanks
Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 12:02:08 PM by Hyalin