Author Topic: 3.2 uninstaller botched?  (Read 680 times)

Erecshyrinol

Hi,

I was doing a reinstall of MB and ran into a bit of an issue.

First, I backed up my library settings and uninstalled the old version (3.1.something), then installed the latest one (3.2.6827). After firing it up I realized I didn't remember to do the backup restore process before starting the program. I got to control panel -> uninstall a program -> uninstall Musicbee. That process didn't go as excepted, seeming to finish so quickly I wasn't sure it actually did anything.

Now Musicbee is gone from the program listing, but it's still on the computer, it runs from start menu and everything, except the "uninstall Musicbee" option there in the start menu folder doesn't actually find the uninstaller. And indeed, there's no uninstaller in the installation folder (or sub-directories) to be found.
Wonder if this is just me, or if there's an issue with the current version's uninstall behavior?

How should I go about uninstalling and reinstalling now? Can I just delete the installation folder and start menu entries and run the installer again?
I also see there's registry entries related to MB. As is tradition, I don't want to be messing around the registry light-heartedly - can I just leave those be and reinstall MB again without issues, or should I be wiping those entries before reinstalling?

Thanks!

P.s. I also installed CClear after a long while, just to see if it could help with the failed uninstall. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like it can, but hey, at least it discovered that I had almost 22GB of Internet Explorer "temporary" files lying around. And I thought I had those deleted when I stopped using it something like five years ago...