Much of MB V3.2.6827 sync functionality works with the Creative ZEN portable device. Here's some info you may find useful.
1) To get MB to access a ZEN, you must first set Preferences, Devices, [✓] detect MTP devices
2) MB's default device config for a Creative ZEN (Music
) is less than ideal e.g. excludes playlists.
a) In Device, Music, set [✓] synchronise playlists
If you don't want unplaylisted tracks too, set [✓]synchronise music
b) In Device, Settings:
* set (*) preserve folders and filenames
This is to avoid this bug
* set playlists path: My Playlists\
* set save as format
For safety, I also set: [✓] delete tracks that are not on the auto-sync list from the device on the fly conversion
[_] split files with a cuesheet into individual tracks artwork storage
(*) do not copy artwork.
Note: If you need to restore your device config to the default, unplug the device, in Preferences, delete it
, and plug it in.
* Sync to MTP device that already contains some of the same track files fails and crashes the device. Workaround: first delete all files from the device
* Playlists synced by MB show as zero length, which doesn't stop them playing but causes interoperation fails with our programs. ↗
* Preview's folder paths are often incorrect but the actual paths on the device are correct. ↗
* On the device Music node, Folders fails to show correct path(s). ↗
This issue found on a previous version might be present still:
* Playlist sync can fail with "Unable to find the specified file". ↗