Author Topic: MusicBee imports ratings incorrectly  (Read 1805 times)

dramase

Hi, I just found MusicBee and I'm loving it so far.  Here's my problem: I imported my library from iTunes, and for many albums, MusicBee filled in song ratings that I just didn't have in iTunes.  I suspect it's taking an average album rating from iTunes, and it's applying it to all songs on that album rather than just the handful that I actually rated.

Is there a way to either re-import with this disabled (I would still like to import song ratings though), or clean up my library of false ratings?

Thanks.

Steven

• Administrator
If you imported from iTunes by choosing an "iTunes Music Library.xml" file then MB will take the ratings from that file - specifically the "Rating" field for track ratings and "Album Rating" for the album rating. There is no averaging or adjustments made.
If you directly imported the files from the folder they reside in, then the ratings would have been retrieved from tags in the music files - I am not sure that iTunes actually updates the rating in a file

dramase

Steven, thanks for the quick response.  I'm importing from the XML file.  I suspect what's happening is that either iTunes or MusicBee is taking the Album Rating (which I don't care about at all) and applying it as rating to all tracks that I haven't given a specific rating.

Is there a way around this, either during the import or iTunes?  This is a one-time import, I expect to ditch iTunes completely for the awesome MusicBee as soon as I can get this worked out. Thanks.