Author Topic: moving/copying music library  (Read 1316 times)

TimB48

My music library is currently stored on one of my NAS drives, I wish to copy the content to a portable drive (WD My Passport) for use in my car and on holiday, with my laptop, generally in places where streaming is not practical or possible.

Is it possible to do this using musicbee or is it better/simpler to simply copy the content directly across. The resulting content would be used with musicbee on my laptop.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Is your laptop where you run MusicBee from at home, too?

If so, I would suggest could the files to the new drive with Windows, and making a new library where you can scan in the files from the new location.

The only disadvantage I can see would be that you'll have to manually update the WD drive when you want to import changes made to your main library.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

tangotonyb

I have a large library that I manage on my Pc, but take with me on my laptop as I refer to MusicBee sometimes when Djing.

I use the portable version of MusicBee (it's functionally identical), and simply sync BOTH the application folder AND the library folder to my portable drive whenever I go away, and SYNC back to my Pc when I come back (if I've done any work on the collection while away).

I use BeyondCompare for the Syncing so it only updates files that are changed.