Author Topic: tagging problem  (Read 532 times)

eddi

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 29
  • Writer / Music Blog / MusicBee Power User
hey there,

as i noticed yesterday; i realized that there is an immense amount of tags in different libraries that are separated with a COMMA instead of a semi-colon.
it´s not big problem; but it´s something that is not they way as intended.

i tried to fix it via the tagging tool ->  Tagging tool

but it doesn´t really help - before i have to manually fix the problem (must be thousands of entries)
can anyone explain how to handle the tool right or do it another way?

thanks in advance

eddi

psychoadept

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 10613
You can easily fix this in MusicBee with the search and replace tool. It's in Tools, Tagging Tools.

You probably want to start with a search for files that contain a comma in the tags you're trying to fix, or even make an auto playlist to identify them. Then do search and replace, and rescan the files when you're done so that MusicBee will correctly process the semicolons.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

eddi

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 29
  • Writer / Music Blog / MusicBee Power User
thx for the help.
that seems to do the the trick.
i tried it before this way; but now the result is ok !

phew!  :)