Author Topic: Fullscreen Viz/Now Playing & Keep screen awake during music playback.  (Read 1471 times)

veermaharaj

I know this has been asked before... poorly. But i figured i'd try again.

I was just forced to switch to mbee from wmp12 as my new zenphone 6 is unable to play playlists synced from wmp12. mbee walks in the door, saves my bacon with m3u syncing and relative filepaths ftw.

I even discover, that if i install mbee on another machine, like my HTPC and point mbee back to the MusicBeeLibrary.mbl on my main desktop, i can remotely access and edit my music library from any machine in my house.

The one downside im noticing is there is no way i can find to:

1) Make a visualization or now playing screen go full screen (to avoid burn in to my TV but also look pretty and impress my friends)

2) keep the monitor awake during music playback. (because if the pc puts the monitor to sleep, the audio feed is disabled over HDMI and the music stops coming through the speakers.

Now this software is damn flexible and I love it. I'm currently using some workarounds:

1) I have a power profile switcher sitting in the system tray so i can switch between high performance (never turn screen off) and balanced (turn screen of after 30 mins)

2) Pray (to avoid burn in) ROFL

Any way, im just throwing this out there, a toggle in preferences to keep screen on during music playback (keeping the default behaviour as is would be fine imho) and a way to have milkdrop 2 play on the now playing screen and/or run it full screen would be pretty sweet.

Thank you guys so much for this wonderful piece of software and keep up the amazing work.

PS: Now that I think about it i'd place heavier emphasis on the full screen viz, as i could set my system to keep screen on always and leave the viz in full screen. That would eliminate the burn in :D

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
1) Make a visualization or now playing screen go full screen (to avoid burn in to my TV but also look pretty and impress my friends)
PS: Now that I think about it i'd place heavier emphasis on the full screen viz, as i could set my system to keep screen on always and leave the viz in full screen. That would eliminate the burn in :D

Try 'Right Mouse Click' on Visualizer, if / when running 'docked' and select 'View Full Screen' option...

Or from the MB Menu / View / Visualiser / Visualiser Dock / Startup Mode: Fullscreen

Freddy
Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 12:08:51 PM by Freddy Barker