Author Topic: Display artist question  (Read 1155 times)

doodlepapers

For example, in thumbail/column browser there's an artist with the name "瀧川ありさ", and I want it to be shown as "Alisa Takigawa" in thumbnail/column browser, what is the best way of doing this?

redwing

Create a virtual tag

Code
<Artist>
and if you select that tag in those browsers, it would list display artist values.

doodlepapers

Create a virtual tag

Code
<Artist>
and if you select that tag in those browsers, it would list display artist values.

Thanks!

Was about to ask you what the difference is between Artist and using it as a virtual tag. I noticed that for some reason, it works better with display artist values than just Artist?

redwing

It seems the virtual <Artist> tag only shows "display artist" value while the standard <Artist> tag only shows artist value. One disadvantage of the virtual tag is it is not showing thumbnails since it's a virtual tag.

doodlepapers

It seems the virtual <Artist> tag only shows "display artist" value while the standard <Artist> tag only shows artist value. One disadvantage of the virtual tag is it is not showing thumbnails since it's a virtual tag.

Since I normally use Album Artist, just switching to artist like this, means there's lots of cleaning up to do (LOTS of various artists with like one track for example).

I think it's worth it to be able to use display artist. I kinda wish album artist also had a display artist feature.