Author Topic: CD AutoPlay  (Read 9154 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm not sure if this should be one the wishlist, or if it's a bug/oversight...

I have MB set to be the default player for audio CDs.  I have XP set to prompt me for the programs to use when an audio CD is inserted in an
optical drive.  When I put a CD in the drive the standard XP dialog window opens asking which program to use and MB is already highlighted.  I
click on OK and MB launches, but the disc never plays.  I have to drill down the drive list to the CD drive, select it, and then click on 'play.'
 I see an option to start a rip on CD insertion, but not to start playing on insertion.
Is there a way to not only have MB launch when an audio CD is inserted in the drive, but for it to actually start playing?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phred

• Global Moderator
The way I've seen this work with other players, I insert a music CD and close the tray, the associated application launches, and the CD gets
tagged via freedb or some such, and the track list shows and the first track plays.  

What's now happening with the test version you sent me is that the NOW PLAYING window is showing "Track01" and the time of the track.  It doesn't start playing until I click PLAY.  It doesn't show any other tracks.  It doesn't do a CD lookup to find the album/track titles.
Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 09:42:25 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
i've included that functionality in the latest 1.1 update - however i havent implemented the required registry entries for MusicBee to auto-play. You can easily do it yourself when prompted by the auto-play, but i will include the registry settings in the next update

phred

• Global Moderator
Steven...

The functionality is GREAT!!!
Toss in a CD, MusicBee launches, and the CD starts playing.
Thanks very much for doing this so quickly.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki