Author Topic: Can you set multiple hotkeys for the same action?  (Read 2349 times)

Pwalex

Hi there,

I just discovered MusicBee and fell in love with it. The design is just pure simplicity, and I love how powerful it's customize-ability is as well.

I only have one little issue, however, which is that it appears that it's only possible to assign one hotkey to an action. I find this somewhat limiting. I want to have the default play/pause to be spacebar (like almost all media players), but also have a global hotkey for it that I can use in other applications without causing a conflict. Is there any way to make this happen?

Thanks very much!

phred

• Global Moderator
Have you ticked the 'global' box to the right of the hotkey assignment?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Pwalex

Yes I have, but that's not the issue. The global hotkey works, but I want to also assign another, non-global hotkey to the same action (play/pause in this case).

phred

• Global Moderator
That can't be done.

Although I'm curious as to why you'd want it duplicated.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Pwalex

Because I want to set a global hotkey, but pressing Crtl+Shift+Del every time I want to play/pause while I have the application open is annoying, and defies my instinct to just hit spacebar. But of course, setting spacebar as a global hotkey for play/pause is not going to be feasible. I'm surprised this is such an unusual thing to want. Sure, it's not for everyone, but I'd be surprised if I was the only one who wanted this feature.

Steven

• Administrator

salt

Late response but as far as I can tell
Multimedia: Next             does the same thing as  Playback: Play Next Track
Multimedia: Play/Pause    does the same thing as  Playback: Play/Pause
Multimedia: Previous       does the same thing as  Playback: Play Previous Track

and in this way I have set both global and local hotkeys for previous, pause, and next.