Author Topic: Rating Songs and Moving them to playlists on Galaxy Note9  (Read 1367 times)

Varick

Hello,

Within a few days, I will be getting a Note9 and will finally shed the yoke of Apple once & for all.  I love MB and I love the customizations available.  However, since I have never used MB on a mobile device, there are a few applications that iTunes has that I use constantly.

I have many playlists (over 60) and I rate every song.  On my iPhone, I can tap Siri and say while a song is playing, "Song, 3 stars."  And Siri will assign a 3 star rating onto that song when I sync it up to my computer in the library.

I can also hit a few buttons and put any song while it's playing into, let's say, my "BBQ" Playlist (or any other playlist I have already created.

Question:  Can I do either, both, or neither of these things with MB on my soon to be new phone?

Thank you in advance.

Varick

frankz

Ratings and play statistics don't sync back to MB from Android except in very rare cases (I actually don't know of any, but I've read it could happen and there's a setting for it in MB).

MB is limited to the fields that the Android Media Scanner tracks, which are (as far as I know):

Artist
Album Artist
Album
Title
Composer
Genre
MimeType
File Type
Track
Year
Duration
Path
Last Modified
File Size
Writer

It may copy playlists back from the phone, though. 

phred

• Global Moderator
MusicBee is a Windows application. It will -not- work on an Android device.

That being said, there are a number of music player apps in the Play Store that you could download, install, and test to see if there is one that does what you want. PowerAmp and Gone Mad Music Player are two that come to mind. I use GMMP but I don't care about rating my tracks so I don't know if it can be done with either of the players I mentioned. Find one that does what you want, and you can sync your MB tracks to the device player. Not all players can do a two-way sync with MB. I would search through the Portable Devices sub-forum and see what you can find.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Varick

Oh, so MB isnt a portable app at all???  [Ah ha moment!]. Damn. I thought it was like iTunes in that way: both a windows AND a portable device program/app.

Well this may change everything.

So with this knowledge, is there anyone out there who knows a music player app that will sync up with MB?  I’ll look through the forums but if anyone knows one or two or three, I would appreciate the time savings. Thank you in advance

Varick

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
There are a couple of threads in beyond MusicBee forum that review Android apps that work well with MusicBee.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)