Author Topic: Unable to add files to library by dragging-and-dropping  (Read 3058 times)

energydiluted

Newest update downloaded this morning (Windows 7). First thing noticed is dragging-and-dropping files from folders into the library no longer copies the files into the program. It doesn't work in "Music Library" and "Inbox" tabs.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Are you by any chance running as an administrator?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

energydiluted

I am not - sorry for the late response. I will also say that the drag-and-drop works only when I click File > Add Files to Library. Using the browser window that comes up from there and hitting "Open" or dragging-and-dropping is the only way I can add files to the library.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Huh. Running as admin is the only thing I know if that interferes with u functionality, unless maybe it's an AV program or a file permission thing.  I'm on Windows 10, though, so I can't say definitively that there's nothing up with Windows 7.

Can you maybe give us a screenshot of where your dragging from and what happens when you drag to the library?

Are you saying that scanning for new files doesn't work, either? "Add files to library" I think is only meant to do single files, whereas scan for new files should get whole directories.
Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 04:11:42 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

johnno59

Hi I had the same issue after musicbee updated a couple of days ago.
Nothing would save, I get a message on closing down that music bee couldn't access a folder due to permissions.
I checked permissions and I had full control.
I have now got everything working again.
I originally updated music bee on a notification when i opened the program.
So after the auto update nothing worked.
I wondered whether I need to rerun the update as admin.
I looked for the update file in my downloads file and reran the update as administrator (right click on file and select "Run as Administrator") and now it all works again.
Hope this solution helps you'