Author Topic: Lag when scrolling with arrow keys in MusicBee 3.2 (Windows 10)  (Read 1303 times)

sk2003

Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 1803 (Build 17134.285)
MusicBee version: 3.2.6827
Intel HD Graphics 3000

Whenever I try to scroll down the the list of tracks in the main panel, scrolling via arrow keys is very slow, jerky and laggy. It wasn't like this on older versions of MusicBee. Scrolling used to be very fast, and the program never forced me to go up or down a list one-by-one.

I captured the behaviour in a recording: https://gfycat.com/BaggyLegalIndianpangolin

The scroll bar still works fine, no lag or jerkiness there.

It's just scrolling through the tracks with the arrow keys that causes the lag.

Is there any way to fix this and make arrow key scrolling faster?

I already tried the Windows Store version of the app. Same results. I could go back to an older version, but it seems like eventually, even the older versions start slowing down at some point when it comes to scrolling via arrow keys.

Thanks.

Steven

• Administrator
i am afraid i have no idea why it would do that and certainly not something i can reproduce on my store version

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 1803 (Build 17134.285
Whenever I try to scroll down the the list of tracks in the main panel, scrolling via arrow keys is very slow, jerky and laggy.

Both my Win 10 pro laptops were lagging for a short while today - during a Windows update.
Just saying  :D

sk2003

Well, this is unfortunate. If Steven can't reproduce the issue, I guess it's unsolvable. I thought it might be an HDD issue, so I tried loading MusicBee from an SSD (without importing my preferences) but 3.2 still lags when I scroll down my tracks via the arrow keys. I tried 2.5 and the scrolling is fast, just the way I like it. I'm torn on whether to move back or stay on 3.2 and hope for future improvements in this area.

It can't be a Windows Update issue because it the scroll lag is always there, no matter what. I can't get 3.2 to return to the fast scrolling I'm used to from 2.5 and older versions.

I have around 8 gigs of music, all of the tracks are .mp3s ranging from 5-10 MB. Many tracks have 1200x1200 iTunes artwork.