Author Topic: Multiple Artist Albums  (Read 2699 times)

Ricky Roma

I've only recently updated to latest version. I was on an earlier version of 3 before.
Previously when I pressed on an artist on the "Sort Album Artist" vertical scroll panel it would bring up all albums asociated with that album in the main panel. Now when I do that it only brings up the solo albums.

For example, Brian Eno. In the vertical scroll panel it clearly says 16 albums, but when I click on it only the 12 solo albums come up. And when i scroll down that "Sort Album Artist" panel there sems no way to access his joint albums. Beforehand, the Album "My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts" would have appeared under Eno, Brian and also Byrne, David but now I can't even access that album by scrolling down that panel. What am I doing wrong?

https://ibb.co/hzjdS9
Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 11:55:55 PM by Ricky Roma

Mauser69

This may be related to how you have entered the Album Artist names, or the difference between selecting Artist vs Album Artist.  I cannot say if anything has changed specifically for this in the newest release, but it is working fine for me.

I have an album by Jim Reeves & Patsy Cline which is labeled exactly like that (with the &), even though it is not really a duet album.  I used to have it tagged as two individual artists, but with "Jim Reeves & Patsy Cline" as the Album Artist.  When entered like that, the album would not show up under either person if I was selecting ALBUM Artist, but would show up under either of them if I just selected Artist.

I changed the Album Artist field to be "Jim Reeves; Patsy Cline", exactly like the Artist field (note the ; making it two different album artists, not the combined &), and now the same album shows up when I select either Album Artist.

redwing

It's a known issue and use column browser instead if you want to use sort (album) artist tags.
See: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=23081.0

Ricky Roma

Ah, ok redwing...thanks for that and hopefully it gets sorted back to the way it was.
Mauser69 - yes, my tagging was the same..using "&" in the album artist field for display purposes on Squeezebox Touch and the semi-colon to separate artists in the sort album artist field (and flip the surname to the front so that Brian Eno comes under E )

Ricky Roma

Oops..now I've gone and done it  :o

I tried to reinstall my previous version of MB. The view went wonky..it's cuts off the top of MB screen and I have to press ALT to bring up the top menu panel and I can't access the maximise/minimise butons either Also it's cut off the bottom of MB screen too. I can't access the "now playing" and "recently added" tabbed views there either. I then reinstalled the latest version but it' s still the same lol. Help !  :-[

http://prntscr.com/kvb4ni

Argg..OK, I've completely stuffed it now. Done a fresh install of latest version. Seem to have lost all my previous saved layouts and library filters. Oh well, I was probably due a whole new makeover anyway.
Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 12:22:36 PM by Ricky Roma