Author Topic: New default skin for v3.3 and "slim" icons  (Read 30603 times)

Steven

• Administrator
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip

i have made several tweaks so the spacing should be better. If you are going to post more screenshots then please post them full size

cptchi

Steven the new layout looks sooooooo good. This is crazy. I leave for a few months and MB gets so many changes. Keep up the good work.

redwing

PlayingIconColourOverride.Default fg=XXX
PlayingIconColourOverride.Highlight fg=XXX
PausedIconColourOverride.Default fg=XXX
PausedIconColourOverride.Highlight fg=XXX

Would it be possible to make those work in the expanded panel of album covers view too? Also for the custom icons for those as they currently lose their color? If it interferes with auto-pick color option, can it work at least when the option is disabled?

Steven

• Administrator
Also for the custom icons for those as they currently lose their color?
i dont understand this question

when the expanded panel has auto-colouring disabled, it now uses the icon override colours if set
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip

redwing

Thanks for supporting it!

What I requested was to show the custom icons. But if I add those settings, it now shows the color. So never mind!

redwing

When trying to load the 3.3 slim skin with MB v3.2, it fails with this error.

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for '#=zWgVSKukqeXygRQzGXqeUxNg=' threw an exception. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=zWgVSKukqeXygRQzGXqeUxNg=..cctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at #=zWgVSKukqeXygRQzGXqeUxNg=..ctor(Boolean #=zV9eAh3T8Ivy6eWUzPA==, Boolean #=zfKHrQhLCbj2d)
   at #=zxi2ztvXlrgvl0YoLwsbUcbLajWOM..ctor()
   at #=zl3G$ts$_9zIRoQdlmns30$2c9Koz.Main(String[] args)

Is it about Windows caption buttons? And is it possible you can make them working with 3.2 as well?

Steven

• Administrator
i would need to make another v3.2 release that rejected those skins, but of course there would still be users who wont be using that update.
I can think of 3 ways to address the issue:
- include the caption bar images in the skin. I can send them to you if you want to use the same ones that i have
- only include the skin in the release package (as is the case for the default skin)
- give the skins a new extension that would be ignored by older MB versions but i really would prefer not to do that

redwing

For Dark-Fine Tuned skins, I will post a 3.3 slim version on the thread and some users will try to load with v3.2 after downloading them.
Can you send the images to me? If it has any issue with color match, I will include my own images.

redwing

use: CaptionBarButtonColorOverride to override the colours

But v3.2 won't read the element? If it can, no need to add images.

BTW doesn't it require 150%, 200% version for these icons for high DPI display? I only use SVG files for them, so I don't know how SkinCreator handles them.

Steven

• Administrator
no v3.2 wont be able to apply that element
the skincreator should create the appropriate scaled bitmap images

redwing

I am still confused.

you can now supply 30x28px images for the close, minimimise, maximise, restore buttons
you still need to supply 28x15px images for backwards compatibility. Also make sure these new ones are after the existing 28x15px images
use FormMinimiseButton2, FormMaximiseButton2, FormRestoreButton2, FormCloseButton2, FormMinimiseHighlightButton2, FormMaximiseHighlightButton2, FormRestoreHighlightButton2, FormCloseHighlightButton2

So I have been supplying two kind of icons for them 28x15 & 30x28.
But your image files are 30x28 & 45x42.
Was this changed at some point?

Steven

• Administrator
if you want the skin to work with all MB versions, you need the smaller sizes as well
since the slim icons only fully work with v3.3 and i am not making the skin openly available on a forum topic ie. its only in the release, i am not concerned about backward compatibility
the 45x42 is for 150% dpi scaling. If you are using the skin creator with SVG images then you dont need to worry about that

redwing

Then 28X15 icon support only helps users of pre-3.1 version of MB? Doesn't it matter with Windows version?
If so, I will stop supplying them as well.

Steven

• Administrator
windows version doesnt matter and from memory pre v3.1 sounds correct