Author Topic: New default skin for v3.3 and "slim" icons  (Read 30414 times)

Steven

• Administrator
One thing I noticed is for tracks longer than 2 hours it doesn't show track duration and only shows track position. Can't it show the both?
thats fixed now

Another issue is the slim icon setting. Are you gonna offer two default skins with it enabled and disabled? If so, I will have to offer the two versions too for the dark fine tuned skins. Or can that be a user setting?
For the default skin, it will be the new one with the thin icons. The old skin will probably be available as "MusicBee3Classic"
For other skins that use the setting I am not sure as i can see in your case that would be a lot of skins if both are available. But also I dont want to have it as a user config setting because I imagine very few skins will implement it, so it just another confusing thing for users when it doesnt work

redwing

Steven

• Administrator
for the next 3.3 alpha i have added:
Code
IconColourOverride.Default fg=XXX
also added if you want to use a specific colour when tabs/icons are displayed in the caption bar and the caption bar is a distinct colour from the main panels
Code
  <element id="CaptionBarIconColorOverride" fg="225,225,225" />

redwing

One more, alert icon. In some places it looks fine like in the album auto-tagger, but not in other places like in the tag manager.

Alert icon in the tag manager still gets recolored by IconColourOverride.Default when it shouldn't.
Also it shouldn't recolor AddTabIcon & AddTabIconInCaptionBar.

Steven

• Administrator
Also it shouldn't recolor AddTabIcon & AddTabIconInCaptionBar.
why is this icon different to all others?

redwing

Because it needs to be the same color as the text on the tabs bar. Without the icon overrides, MB auto-colors it with fg of TabsBar.Tab.Default.

Steven

• Administrator
Because it needs to be the same color as the text on the tabs bar. Without the icon overrides, MB auto-colors it with fg of TabsBar.Tab.Default.
I can accept that
For the alert icon, I think we are starting to get into the grey area of icon recolouring handling needing to be different for the main panel. I will probably add a new color element for overriding icons in the main panel (eg. alert icon, zero rating icon)

edit:
if you provide a custom icon for the alert or zero rating icon, it now just uses what you include in the skin. Otherwise when no icon overrides are provided, MB will still apply the recolour value
Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 11:18:48 AM by Steven

redwing

Noticed you have changed mini player love icons for 3.3 and I tried to override them, but they get recolored too. Can you make them (MiniPlayerLastFmLove, MiniPlayerLastFmLoveBright & MiniPlayerLastFmNotLove) exceptions too?

Another issue is in large picture view there's no way to love/rate since they get hidden under player controls.

Steven

• Administrator
Noticed you have changed mini player love icons for 3.3 and I tried to override them, but they get recolored too. Can you make them (MiniPlayerLastFmLove, MiniPlayerLastFmLoveBright & MiniPlayerLastFmNotLove) exceptions too?

Another issue is in large picture view there's no way to love/rate since they get hidden under player controls.
looking at the code, only "MiniPlayerLastFmNotLove" is being recoloured. I will change that one for the next update

I am aware the rating handling is not great in that config. As long as you dont move the mouse too much above the ratings field it will stay displayed

redwing

looking at the code, only "MiniPlayerLastFmNotLove" is being recoloured. I will change that one for the next update

Thanks! Latest patch still doesn't work though it appears to have been updated (no need to rush. Just reporting in case you have included the change).

I am aware the rating handling is not great in that config. As long as you dont move the mouse too much above the ratings field it will stay displayed

I can see that works if the visualizer is not shown. With the visualizer shown below it, no way to access without hiding them.
Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 01:59:57 AM by redwing

Steven

• Administrator

Thanks! Latest patch still doesn't work though it appears to have been updated (no need to rush. Just reporting in case you have included the change).

I can see that works if the visualizer is not shown. With the visualizer shown below it, no way to access without hiding them.
It should have been included. If its still not right, i will look into it further.

The mini-player handling is addressed now but still with the requirement not to move the mouse too far above the rating

redwing

MiniPlayerLastFmNotLove has no effect though MiniPlayerLastFmLoveBright is working.

Now I can love/rate in large picture view regardless of visualizer setting. Thanks!